PRAFO 650 Features Overview
The PRAFO® Orthosis, is a totally adjustable, custom-fitted Ankle Foot Orthosis that can help manage many of the ankle/foot anomalies your patients present to you. With recumbent patients it is used to prevent pressure sores at the heel or malleoli areas due to pressure from a mattress. As rehabilitation progresses, the same device can be used to provide protection and control during ambulation. There are several variations of this product line which consist of different sizes (adult, pediatric and infant), liner options (Kodel®, Fleece, Terry Cloth, Polyurethane Foam or Pad & Strap) and a variety of color options.
Our most popular varient is the PRAFO 650SKG.
Also, this line is equipped with optional accessories that help complement secondary needs. Keep in mind, we’re practitioners and designers, and we’ll help guide you in choosing the most appropriate AFO system based on patient etiologies, cost and applications. If in doubt please contact us for assistance in providing your patients the correct model.
NOTE: The posterior ankle strap is shown inside the upright in the photos. When fitted properly, the strap is outside the posterior upright bar.
PRAFO AFO 650SKG Applications
The design is a great choice for Immediate fit, early Intervention in acute or sub acute rehabilitation of the patient. The device is suitable for left and right and adjusts to various foot and lower-limb sizes.
- CVA, TBI, SCI and Diabetic neuropathy to relieve pressure and prevent the development of deformity
- Facilitation of functional knee and ankle joint position through flexibility of the aluminium posterior upright structure
- Allows for optimal dorsi/plantar flexion ankle positioning to provide adequate clearance during swing phase and knee stability in stance phase.
Post musculoskeletal injury of the foot and ankle the Heavy duty version is recommended, product # 682SKG
- Post tendo achilles lengthening immobilisation
- Post Botox or serial casting
- Stable fractures of the foot and ankle
- Tendon or ligamentous tear/rupture
PRAFO AFO 650SKG FEATUREs
The design has been refined in over 25 years of clinical experience around the world. It is designed for both ambulant and walking situations and uniquely has a metal upright. This is important in many situations to resist deformity development and for safe ambulation.
- Clinically proven for effective ambulation*
- Infinite sagittal plane adjustability
- Controls dorsi and plantar flexion
- Mouldable foot plate
- Custom-contoured, malleable aluminum heel connector
- Malleable aluminium anti-rotation bar
- Compatible with all liner variations that we offer if applicable
- Proven superior integrity of the superstructure**
- Available in Adult Standard Kodel liner #650SKG and Paediatric Standard #550SKG
- Specific options to enhance alignment and support of the ankle and foot are available (e.g. VCA, Plastic stabilising shell.
PRAFO AFO 650SKG Technical INFO
The following specification applies to the Adult and Paediatric versions
Adult - PRAFO™ Ankle Foot Orthosis
- Foot length - 6.75 to 12 (inches)
- Calf height - 12 to 13 (inches)
- Calf Circumference - 20 (inches)
- Calf Width - 4 (inches)
- Foot Plate Width - 3.75 (inches)
- Weight Limit - 250 (lbs)
Paediatric PRAFO™ Ankle Foot Orthosis
- Foot length - 4.75 to 8.5 (inches)
- Calf height - 9 to 10 (inches)
- Calf Circumference - 15 (inches)
- Calf Width - 3.5 (inches)
- Foot Plate Width - 3.5 (inches)
- Weight Limit - 125 (lbs)