As of April 1st 2016 Anatomical Concepts are proud to be working with the Parker Hannifin Corporation to support the Indego product in the UK and Ireland.
Indego is a powered lower limb orthosis - popularly known as an exoskeleton. Thanks to powered hip and knee joints in conjunction with sensor technology and sophisticated control strategies the device allows certain gait impaired individuals to stand up and walk again.
Indego is available in two versions - A Clinical and a Personal version.
Indego can be used in rehabilitation centers as therapy tool, or as a mobility assistive device for individuals in their homes. As a therapeutic device, Indego enables clinicians to conduct over-ground and task-specific gait training. Outside of the clinic it offers people with impaired mobility a new level of independence.
For the individual user, Indego offers a lightweight, modular design with intuitive controls that offer unparalleled usability. This five component modular design allows for rapid set-up and easy transport. Weighing only 26 lbs (11.8 kg), Indego is the most light weight exoskeleton currently available.
Up until now, exoskeleton designs haven't really been practical for personal use outside of the clinic. The Indego has a number of features that could make a powered orthosis much more practical for home users.
Main features of the Personal version
- Easy and intuitive to use
- Lightweight and slim design (can be worn while seated in a wheelchair)
- Five component modular design allows for self- donning and doffing
- Modular design allows for easy portability
- Allows users to walk on a variety of surfaces, including the outdoors
- Various speeds based on individuals’ capabilities
- Adjustable gait parameters based on user’s preferences
- Rechargable Li-ion battery
- Mobile app allows you to control operation, change settings, and capture data without the need for tethered controls
Who can use it?
The main user requirements are as follows
- Height range: 5'1" – 6'3" (155 – 191 cm)
- Maximum weight: 250 lbs. (113 kg)
- Maximum hip width: 16.6"(42.2 cm)
- Femur length: 14" – 18.5" (35 – 47 cm)
- Level of injury: C5 or lower
- Spasticity score: Modified Ashworth score 3 or lower
- Sufficient upper body strength to balance and advance with forearm crutches, front-wheeled walker or platform walker
What's the Clinical Version of the Indego?
An Indego clinical kit is designed for institutional use and consists of one small, medium, and large size of each component (three complete Indego devices), 3 batteries with recharging station, padding options and 2 hand held controllers
About Parker Hannifin Corporation
With annual sales of $13 billion in fiscal year 2014, Parker Hannifin is the world’s leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company employs approximately 57,500 people in 50 countries around the world.